- Provide a global outlook and exposure to new markets.
- Open regional or international board opportunities for women.
- Surface the unconscious bias on diversity and merit at board levels.
- Extend the network circles.
- Tap into a global board mentoring platform.
- Develop a board profile that is tailored to what boards are looking for today
Global Women on Boards
The Global Women on Boards (GWOB) programme is designed to equip new, aspiring, and existing women directors with the competencies and knowledge required to participate effectively on boards. Being a women-only programme, it provides a safe platform for women to openly share experiences, ask questions and learn in a closed conducive environment.
The 6-month programme provides targeted development and mentorship to help women understand the skills required and gain practical insights in preparing and equipping them for their board journey. Each participant is assigned to a mentor, with board experience, who will share experience, provide guidance and advice to support the mentee to successfully navigate the board environment.
By increasing the diversity of corporate leadership through greater representation of women on boards, companies can benefit from a wider range of perspectives, experiences, and skills, leading to better decision-making and improved business outcomes. The journey culminates in Board Simulations, allowing delegates to apply their knowledge and learning, and at the same time receive feedback from qualified observers.
Phase 1 & 2 of the 2023 programme will be delivered virtually. Phase 3, Graduation & Board Simulations, will be conducted in-person to celebrate the delegates achievements and provide them the opportunity to network with facilitators, mentors and invited guests.
- Learn about the different types of board cultures, key roles and responsibilities for board service
- Explore ways to enhance your board leadership impact, visibility and networks
- Participate in group and one-on-one mentoring sessions to develop your board readiness
- Interact with experienced board directors and corporate governance experts to understand the board appointment process and expectations
- Learn about the different components of being an effective board directors – Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Strategic Thinking & Financial Management and Oversight