Sources of Personal Data
We collect personal data that you provide to us when you use any of our products, services or when you transact with us, including when you:
- Complete any manual or digital forms;
- Provide us with your business contact information (whether from you directly or from your employer, principal or client);
- Transact with us on any products or services;
- Enter into any contract with us;
- Communicate with us by any means including telephone, mail, email, website, digital platform or in person;
- Participate in any programme, membership community, event, discussion, workshop, meeting, survey, research, evaluation, analysis, assessment or study, whether:
- organised by us, third parties or jointly by us with a third party; and
- physical, in-person, or using electronic, digital or virtual means, (“Programme”);
- Use or access our website, social media and digital platforms, and links to our digital content on any platform (“Website and Platform”).
We may collect personal data automatically when you access our Website and Platform, including:
- information about your use of our products and services, including your browser type, operating system, platform, IP address, cookies, language and region; and
- search queries you conducted on the website or platform, and advertisements you viewed and links you clicked on our Website or Platform.
We may ask third parties for personal data about you, including when we:
- get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card, or e-wallet;
- carry out any checks in our outside of Malaysia on background, credit, sanction, litigation, employment, qualification, disciplinary or criminal records and adverse media screening (or negative news screening).
The checks in paragraph above would include checks carried out with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Police, Central Bank of Malaysia, Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia, Employee Provident Fund, Social Security Organisation, Companies Commission of Malaysia, Registrar of Societies and professional bodies (e.g., the Bar Council), and such equivalent bodies or authorities outside of Malaysia (“Government and Statutory Bodies”).
Where we transact or contract with a third party, the third party may provide us with your personal data in connection with a transaction or contract. That third party is responsible for obtaining your consent for disclosure of your personal data to us.
We may also obtain your personal data from publicly available sources.
Personal Data We Process
LeadWomen may process and collect the following personal data:
- name, date of birth, NRIC or passport number, gender, nationality;
- contact details including address, phone/mobile number, and email address;
- education and professional qualification;
- board experience, employment experience and credentials;
- employment records, performance reviews and references;
- bank, credit/debit card and any other method of electronic or digital payment details;
- information from any checks in or outside of Malaysia on background, credit, sanction, litigation, disciplinary or criminal records and adverse media screening (or negative news screening);
- information from any Government and Statutory Bodies;
- information about you from publicly available sources;
- any other data provided by you to us or as required for the purposes as set out below.
Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
LeadWomen may process and collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offer and administer our product and services such as board readiness assessment, director sourcing and placement, board training and development, mentoring and coaching sessions.
- Administer LeadWomen membership or any of our panel, faculty, facilitators or groups such as panel of service providers, faculty of experts and sourcing and placement of candidates (“Membership and Programme”), including application, renewals, termination and suspension.
- Communicate any information and updates relating to Membership and Programme in any means.
- Process your registration for a Programme; monitor your participation and performance; communicate any changes/updates related to a Programme.
- Carry out any professional development programmes and certification.
- Assist you to develop any professional credential statement, profile or CV that reflects your membership status and the courses you have attended.
- Facilitate searching and matching you with suitable board positions.
- Produce any reports or other materials from any Programme undertaken by LeadWomen and its partners.
- Send LeadWomen’s newsletters, surveys, polls, articles, reports, Programme brochures/advertisements, research and advocacy work and other periodicals (in digital form or otherwise) from time to time.
- Incorporate into or publish in our marketing or promotional materials.
- Provide you with any of our products and services.
- Process your payment instructions.
- Respond to enquiries made via call, email, fax and any other available communication method.
- Investigate complaints, breaches and suspicious transactions.
- Security and crime prevention purposes, risk management, safeguarding LeadWomen in the event of any proceedings, litigation or claim of any kind.
- Meeting disclosure obligations and other requirements imposed by or for the purposes of any laws, rules regulations, code of practice or guidelines (whether applicable in or outside Malaysia) binding on LeadWomen.
- For statistical or actuarial research undertaken by LeadWomen or any partner or client of LeadWomen.
- Administering, enforcing or performing any contract we have with you, to enforce our legal rights or comply with applicable laws.
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
We will only process your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we have obtained your consent to process it for other purposes or unless otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Our company takes the privacy of our customers very seriously. We understand the importance of keeping personal data confidential and have put measures in place to ensure this. In the course of providing our services, we may need to disclose personal data to third-party service providers and business partners who assist us with tasks such as hosting our website, providing technical support, and processing payments. However, we only disclose the minimum amount of personal data necessary for them to carry out their duties. In addition, we may be required by law to disclose personal data to government authorities, regulatory bodies, or law enforcement agencies. Finally, we may disclose personal data to organisations seeking suitable candidates for board positions, but only with your explicit consent.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
The personal data requested may be mandatory and any failure to provide us with the required mandatory personal data may potentially:
- result in us being unable to enter into a contract, provide any product or services requested (or to carry out any of the services or matters as provided in paragraph 3 of this Privacy Notice);
- result in us being unable to administer or perform our contract with you, including matters relating to your membership, mentorship or coaching with LeadWomen; or
- affect our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Protection of Personal Data
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure in accordance with the PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act 2010). We have implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data including:
- Implementing necessary technology controls such as firewalls, password controls, physical security, access authorisation and monitoring.
- Process controls such as segregation of duties, defined roles and responsibilities and “need-to–know” disclosure policies for staff.
- Obtaining undertakings or warranties from third party providers and contractors storing or processing your personal data that they have implemented comparable standards of security
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. When your personal data is no longer necessary for these purposes, we will securely dispose of it.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data that we hold. You may also have the right to object to or restrict certain processing activities, and to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically for any updates or changes.
You may at any time make a request in writing to limit the processing and use of your personal data.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to make a request or exercise any of your rights as set out above, please contact us by sending an email to our Corporate Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 2035 9710 or write to us by addressing your correspondence to: LeadWomen Sdn Bhd, Level 30, The Gardens North Tower Mid Valley City Lingkaran Syed Putra 59200, Kuala Lumpur.