Thank YOU for celebrating women on International Women’s Day and each day in between.
#BreakTheBias – Gender Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are keys for a sustainable tomorrow. This juncture enables us to bridge gaps between expertise and bring multi-stakeholders together, creating a meaningful engagement and impact in nurturing women leaders.
We convey our deepest gratitude to all our attendees, partners, speakers and facilitators. Feel free to revisit the panel discussions in the videos below!
Panel: #BreakingTheBias for a Sustainable Tomorrow
This panel will be the first and opening event of the whole 2022 IWD celebration. The panel was formulated as such that we are able to bring different expertise and perspectives to share thoughts and data addressing the concerns of women today. “Breaking the Bias for a Sustainable Tomorrow” will be an opportunity to uncover issues that may cut across industries or/and industry specific.
Through the session, we hope to provide information and tools as takeaways to support you in your own journey in breaking biases at your workplace and in other areas of life.
- Dr Kalanithi Nesaretnam Co-founder of Climate Governance Malaysia
- Katja Freiwald Regional Programme Lead, WeEmpowerAsia, UN Women
- Nisha Sabanayagam Executive Director of All Women’s Action Society (AWAM) Advocate against Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
- Yuki Aizawa 愛澤友己 Co-Founder and Co-CEO RINNE Technologies & Consulting Country Director, Women in Tech Malaysia
- Moderator, Anne Abraham Founder & Chair of LeadWomen
Panel: #Optimizing Diversity, Engineering Inclusivity with Crayon & LeadWomen
This panel will share and discuss about gender inclusivity at Crayon- we will unpack the current practices, policies and personal journey of it’s leaders in creating an equitable workplace. Crayon helps its customers build the commercial and technical foundation for a successful and secure cloud-first, digital transformation journey.
- Rhonda Robati, Senior Vice President, APAC, Crayon
- Harith Ramotheram, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysia & Indonesia, Crayon Moderator:
- Archana Divi Mohan Pillai, Manager, Consulting & Client
Panel: Banking on Diversity & Inclusivity with UOB & LeadWomen
This panel will share and discuss about gender inclusivity at UOB- we will unpack the current practices, policies and personal journey of it’s leaders in creating an equitable workplace. United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd (UOB Malaysia) was incorporated in 1993 but has had a presence in Malaysia since 1951.
UOB Malaysia is rated among the top banks in Malaysia with a long-term ‘AAA’ rating from Ratings Agency Malaysia. Guided by our rich heritage and values, we have built lasting relationships with our customers and continue to ensure we act in their best interest by delivering solutions that meet their financial goals and suit their lifestyles and preferences.
Today, UOB Malaysia has 45 branches across the country and has the largest branch network of any foreign bank operating in Malaysia. This is a session that might be of special interest to people who are in the banking industry or even financial and diversity enthusiasts.
- Tak Ming Lai, Chartered Fellow CIPD, Country Head, Human Resources, UOB
- Zulfa Malik , Head FI & GLC Sales, Global Markets, UOB
- Hui Ming Ho, Area Manager, UOB
- Moderator: Liza Liew, Manager, Consulting & Client Services, LeadWomen